the crochetinator

my randomness in crochet, and my attempt to finish all the projects i start...

Friday, August 11, 2006

the sweet smells of blogging...

so i broke down and started my own crocheting/crafting blog...sometimes i'm more motivated than others to actually produce items..but because my friend started her knitting blog i just cant get enough and her being lazy...doesn't post every 10 minutes to keep up with my ADD. And though i have a myspace, i don't think they want to hear about all my crazy crocheting things....i am the crochetinator...the name was a randomness of life and i couldn't think of anything else...do you mind?


ok for the crochet talk!!

i have many a projects to do....and finish...i just haven't found the time to do them really. Like this afghan that i've been making since MAY...i am probably about 40% done with the granny squares but still have to do the edging on them all, i just got the yarn last week from knit picks. it's going to be like 6 different colors, 5 in squares and 1darker on all of them...i'm using the wool of the andes and making a pretty large one...so i should really start going on that again...


my grandma gave me a bunch of old yarn too and some really cool 80s crochet magazines and i want to make this cool football thing for david and then a monkey too :) and there's some other randomness that needs to go down....but for david's i have to finish before the end of football season because i didn't finish his scarf until...april...and it's not cold in april anymore! so i need to get going on that but somehow i am missing all but 2 of my crochet hooks, so i have to go get more :( but they're not expensive so it's all good!


and then i have to finish a bunch of shrugs, i have at least 3 that i have to make and want to do this other one that i found online that's really cool made out of these random granny squares so it's a lot of fun! but i have to keep on this or i won't do it..


oh and i have a real job that takes me away from crocheting, though i do enjoy doing it on my lunch breaks! and then i look like i'm 80! but hey, i enjoy it! luckily my second job allows me time to do things like crocheting all the time...and my brother is getting married at the end of september so i have to focus on looking great for the wedding...so that's my first blog, i hope you enjoy the randomness and hopefully i'll update more and more and eventually put pictures up!


Kar

2 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Jez said…

    Yeah...how's about that bandwagon?! Jump up on it, baby! So, you need to tell me where the granny square shrug is online...so I can see if I want to start another project I won't finish too! lol. Hey, at the last minute I learned there was a knitting convention in rosemont so I paid 8 dollars to get into the market and I bought WAY TOO MUCH stuff. I thought of you the whole time, but like I said...it was last a minute discovery. I'll put pictures up later. Hey, put a link to my blog on your blog...I'll do it too!

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Jez said…

    Oh, one more thing...I want to see those books your grandma gave you...we should "have a meeting" LoL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home