the crochetinator

my randomness in crochet, and my attempt to finish all the projects i start...

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Progress??

Ok, so let's start with the progess chart:

1. Invite inserts - done! They just need to be cut and I'm going to spray the postcards with a gloss finish to make them look more "permanent" but other than the cutting, they're finally done. I've been playing with illustrator and photoshop a ton this week to get everything just right...but I'm happy to say they're done.
2. Invites themselves - done!! except for the monogram I need to glue all of the ribbons are tied and glued on and the pockets have been made. The monograms will be finished today or else!
3. Pots - haven't even looked at them, I better do some of those this weekend before I get ahead of myself. If I get all of this done in October I will be sitting pretty!

Up next for November:
- make earrings for the girls
- decorate champagne glasses (i have to order gold leading....)
- gather digital pictures for our photo guest book

Ok, now onto the matters of knitting and crocheting...

I love the minimalist sweater. Love, love, love it. BUT i don't think i can get it done properly in the time allowed so I'm going to switch my mom's sweater to a different crocheted version so that it will be done and be done nicely! I'm going to instead make the minimalist out of a wool (it was a cotton blend before) and make it for myself this time around in a pinky to possibly wear on wedding day. I was watching Reba last night (yes, I'm lame, leave me alone!) and they were renewing their vows and crap happened as it usually does and the girl put on the most adorable cardigan with some sparkles. I think this would be nice if i have more of an overcast day than a bright sunny one as I'm desparately hoping, and I'm hoping for more vegitation than bare trees :(

So my mom's sweater will now be the rosemary sweater out of interweave crochet. I do love to knit but I'm not confident enough to give a project to someone else! I'm fine with wearing my mistakes but no one else has to! I'm thinking I'll have to buy new yarn for this one too, I'll have to think about it. Right now I have knitpicks crayon and it should work and give more dimension to the piece but who knows, I'll figure it all out!

Ok, so that's all I have for the updates! Oh and the new e-pics turned out fabulous! It was the best decision to spend the money on this photographer!

Kar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home