the crochetinator

my randomness in crochet, and my attempt to finish all the projects i start...

Thursday, November 08, 2007

a little bit of this and a little bit of that...

Ok, you need to forgive me because I've been sick since last Friday, yes, that's a whole 6 days and from Thursday night until about last night I've been somewhat dead to the world and going off of sudafed and afrin so that i can finally breathe!! I'm starting to feel better but I do have to stand out in the freezing cold tomorrow to take stats for football...boo-urns for the cold midwest.

Ok, so let's start with stuff that's not fun, such as, wedding things that I didn't do last week. I didn't get all the inserts cut but I did make up that cutesy poem! I still need to print those out, maybe I'll work on that today and maybe I'll cut some more inserts today, but they just take so long and I have to think about program design...yuck. But I did create a cutesy knot profile and have joined onto a national board to keep me entertained....so maybe most of my ramblings could go on there, but not likely!

OH and WORST ONLINE ORDERING EXPERIENCE EVER. BEWARE CRAFTERS. I ordered from the Plaid website because i needed gold liquid leading as they didn't stock it in any store that I found, so I ordered it online and the shipping wasn't anymore than other companies had been (such as a yarn one that ships from ohio). Well, I ordered it the day before I ordered yarn from knitpicks. It shipped a day earlier and shipped from the Chicago area. So I thought it would only take a day or two. Well the day or 2 went by, and then a few more days, and then I got my knitpicks package! So I emailed them because I had already tried to call them but their customer service was down. they responded that it would take 7-10 BUSINESS days for me to recieve my package and get back to them if i didn't recieve it by 11/8 (yes, today!) Well, i still haven't recieved it, the "tracking" system doesn't show where it's at except it went all the way to wausau, wi!!!! And it was coming from a suburb to another suburb!! how obsurd!! So today, I wrote back a nasty email saying that I needed to hear back from them in 24 hours or I would dispute the charges with my credit card and how this has been the worst experience EVER and trust me, I've done a whole lot of online purchasing! So I'll update you on what they say when they reply.

Ok, I started my mom's sweater and have gotten to the armhole shaping. I can probably finish it in a few more weekends but I should probably start on Abby's soon and do the scarf for David's mom as well. I'll really have to buckle down the next few weekends, but it will work out! I'll hopefully post a pic but anyone who reads this (cough cough jessica) can just look on ravelry. Anyway, I gotta actually do work now, I'll keep you updated!

Kar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home