the crochetinator

my randomness in crochet, and my attempt to finish all the projects i start...

Monday, January 15, 2007

and a new blog...barely anything to say...

i'm still knitting, and haven't finished any of my crochet projects. but that's not really a new thing...i switched colors knitting! and i did it pretty seamlessly! i'm so proud! it took me a long time to try that with crocheting and i did it instantly with knitting...though i do prefer the crochet since it's a little less stressful about not having to lose a stitch or anything!

i decided to blog this morning since i was up at 5:30 to work out...i'm in this thing at work where i have to lose 5% of my body fat by May 4. I promised myself that i wouldn't eat desserts until i lost 10 pounds! i lost about 4.5 last week and worked out 6 days :-/ it was a long week and i have to keep doing this for at least 2 months....then i can start to weaning off of it...i figure this is a jumpstart for my wedding...i wanted to lose like 30 pounds by the wedding...and i wanted to lose 20 pounds by may 4...so i should be ok by doing this early and slowly....i'll keep everyone updated on the knitting and working out

toodles

kar

3 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Jez said…

    Keep knitting! I'm glad the stripes are working out for you! It really isn't that hard if you just do it, ya know? I started a sweater for Max, in really gay baby blue alpaca! Knit with alpaca sometime...it's SO soft!

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jez said…

    I'm glad you figured it out (purling)...wasn't it a ridiculously tiny difference?? I'm totally irritated! Whatever. The Knit Picks goodies are five hanks of un-dyed Peruvian wool yarn to make a sweater from the latest vogue knitting. I'm thinking about dying it myself for amusement, but I may just leave it cream colored.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jez said…

    You're right...I really do need a real job, but FYI...I just updated my resume and I intend to apply for a few receptionist positions I found on chicagojobs.com. Is $11-12/hr reasonable for a receptionist job? Sounds better than what I've made lately.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home