the crochetinator

my randomness in crochet, and my attempt to finish all the projects i start...

Monday, November 26, 2007

there's no crying in crocheting....

Ok, so there really is, because i messed up this pattern again!! And let me tell you that it was one of the stupidest mess-ups that I've ever done! I blame it on the pressure to get that stupid pattern right and once I got it all figured out I had unraveled my previous one and started it at work during lunch, aka hardcore crochet time seeing as I have all of these lovely projects to finish. I went to make my foundation chain and guess what?! I made the number of chains that the finished bust size was, so if I was making a size 40, I chained 40 and thought that it was small but didn't think too much of it...I realize it when I finished the back and went to go do the neck shaping, oh and this pattern doesn't move quickly either...so I almost cried, David came home to find me a disaster and sad because this stupid pattern had beaten me again.





Determined to not let Interweave Crochet beat me, I decided to start a new pattern in the yarn, the Mesh Peplin Cardi-Blouse. And finally some success!! I'm going to make the sleeves 3/4 length and not put the mesh on the bottom (if you know this design you know what I'm talking about...) and here's some progress from before the weekend:



And when we went back to my parents house for thanksgiving, I couldn't work on it as it was for my mom, though I could have easily lied to her. Instead, I worked on Abby's sweater and I'm almost finished with the back of it! So excited!! And last night I added about 7 or 8 rows, I'm only 5 rows from completing the decreases in the body and then I'll shape it myself from there.

Once I get mom's sweater finished, minus the finishing because I still need to find buttons that I like, I'll start on my knitting adventures. Meaning a cable knit scarf. Now, here's the problem, I haven't really knitted for that long, only about a year, but I've crocheted forever so it comes pretty naturally to me and I long to do cable knits. I even bought the cable needles from knitpicks...mmm harmony wood....so we'll see how that adventure goes!

Oh, I'll take pics tonite and post tomorrow...hopefully, as long as work isn't too busy. But when is work ever busy??

Ok, I should actually do something as I've been here for an hour and nothing yet!

Kar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home