the crochetinator

my randomness in crochet, and my attempt to finish all the projects i start...

Monday, April 30, 2007

crafty blog!

OK! so i haven't really done as much crafty things as i would've liked, BUT i did decide to look at some beads to make my necklace for my wedding, since i have the necklace envisioned, but couldn't find it in GOLD. Which i need because my tiara is gold, the boys are wearing gold, and there's a little gold in my dress...and i've done jewelry before so it's not a total stretch...and i wanted the girls to have something similar to mine...ok so here's what i'm going to make!
http://www.jewelrysupply.com/index.php?main_page=1/proj_n647.html

but instead of the gold beads, i'm putting in more pearls! I got my beads from firemountaingems and they were actually really inexpensive for the amount and quality. I got 8mm and 6mm swarovski pearls and 2 sizes of swarovski and some swarovski crystal rondelles. I also got some gold wire. It cost me about 66 with shipping, but I got enough to make 4 necklaces and earrings. I'm going to get the earring and necklace findings locally because they only sold them in 100 packs! and i didn't need that much!

ok, so let me know what you think about my craftiness!! Oh! and i have an interview at the art institute in schaumburg to be assistant to the dean on friday! wish me luck!

kar

2 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Jez said…

    the Art Institute?! SO COOL, KARA. If you get the job, you HAVE to hook me up. I would love to work there...and I don't care what I would be doing!! Cleaning lady, coffee bitch, I don't care. LoL

    I also really LOVE the necklace idea. It's very pretty and I liek the gold. Let me know if you need help (I've done some beading too, you know)...but I would probably charge a freebie bracelet or something :) j/k...but not really...I probably would. lol

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Jez said…

    oh, you should join flickr.

    http://www.flickr.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home